FIREFIGHTERS, That Is.
The Woodbridge Fire Department is always searching for dedicated, selfless, team-oriented men and women to join our organization. We are a diverse group of fire professionals dedicated to protecting our residents’ and visitors’ lives and property.
Our volunteers pride themselves on our dedication, compassion, professional, and assertive work ethic while developing firefighters through progressive training programs.
Expectations & Requirements
As a Woodbridge Firefighter, you will engage directly in fire prevention, firefighting, rescue, hazardous materials mitigation, disaster response, public education, and community service.
- Between 18 – 57
- US Citizen
- Valid NJ Driver’s License with a good record
- Be a resident of the Fire District for a minimum of six (6) months and maintain residency in the district.
The Fire District includes:
- Fords – addresses east of the parkway
- Complete and pass background checks and fingerprinting.
- Pass a physical exam and drug screening
- Meet minimum alarm response and drill training requirements
- Complete Firefighter 1 training at the Middlesex County Fire Academy
- Have the desire to serve your community as a first responder
Firefighter Membership Requirements
We require that members make 20% of alarms and 60% of drills. That’s an average of about 12 alarms per month and approximately eight (8) drills per year, about three (3) hours per week.